I have a bone to pick with FACEBOOK!
Yesterday November 13, 2012 I was picked on by the mighty FACEBOOK. I got upset to a point of just typing without rereading what I had typed. My apologies to everyone for that, and for having to read my ramblings riddled with misspellings or sentences that were run together, or some such. Again My apologies for the confused writings.
In case your late to this game, Facebook took it upon its self to “BAN” me from being able to friend anyone I know, or otherwise, for 7 long days. Well it is now about to become 6 more days anyway. I know it is a small thing, but then the slippery slope starts out that way every time. At the bottom of that slope is a collection of shell-shocked people asking the same question? “How could this have this happened?”
My offence to receive this kind of punishment —- Asking someone to be my Facebook friend.
Seem harmless? After all I’m harmless, and those who have taken the time to get to know me will testify to that. But asking someone to be a Facebook friend isn’t allowed unless you know them personally. Banning people that Facebook doesn’t know or have taken the time to get to know or investigate their high crime of trying to friend someone is ridicules! Facebook programmers have devised a program to get to know me and my acquaintances better than I know myself I guess? Or they have set up a social system of complainers to weed out those of us who would like to be socially inter-active with life, and people using social networks like Facebook or twitter…. etc.
To receive this kind of ban from Facebook you have to do one or all of the following:
1) Ask someone to be a friend on Facebook. Even though it is a person’s free will to accept that invite. They then can choose by making efforts on their part to press a button in acceptance, or to ignore the request, or to block people who are making unwanted or repeated requests, as well as make a complaint about repeated requests made. Note pressing any button takes the same amount of effort on anyone’s part (Little to none). If you’re a complainer, and don’t wish to interact with me —– Strap a head to toes condom on yourself and consider yourself protected from hear no evil and see no evil from me! Holding your breath at the same time isn’t necessary, but feel free if you must!
2) If you make too many requests of any amount of people to become a new friend or a request of family (People you actually do know), within the course of a day (A 24 hour per day time frame). This will trigger the program to potentially block you from making new requests. Facebook doesn’t know who you are. Nor do they know who you know, or don’t know. It is all about learning about the people that use Facebook, and building a person’s profile by how they use it. So this has nothing to do with anything that I or you have done wrong according to some socialist rules that they have you agree to, so you can use Facebook properly.
3) If anyone makes a complaint about you (Warranted or not) the program kicks in and takes action. For me it was blocking me, from making any more requests for friends. The first time this happened to me, I was new to Facebook. I made 15 requests and was deemed, not have that many friends (A programmer’s way of calling me a loser) and was blocked for 4 hours. This happened to me just 3 days into being on Facebook. The next time it happened to me, I had made a request of a person who made some opposing points to my posts. They weren’t my friend, and I didn’t complained. They commented on my story that I had posted. They were intelligent and I thought it would nice to discuss other points of view with them in the future if they were willing. They complained to Facebook about what must have been an unreasonable offensive request, and I was blocked for a second time for 12 hours. The next time, I had made only 10 – 20 new requests of people that had 30-140 friends in common with me. I also had people make some friend requests of me during this time and gladly accepted their requests. This pushed me over the programmer’s threshold of the number of requests that anyone can make or accept so it seems in a day / 24 hours’ time. I know, how dare I!!! I was ban for 7 long days. (Note; how the periods of time and being ban is inconsistent with anything realistic, times or number of offences vs. the accusations of unreasonable offences made.)
4) Anyone that is making a complaint to Facebook seems to be of a greater importance to Facebook then actually looking into any potential problem with its users (like an habitual complainer). Think about it, how many people do illegal things and are still on Facebook without being ban, or arrested? The news is full of such stories over the years.
5) My second banning was due to this situation as I will explain. The person didn’t like being challenged to his utopian world of liberalism. Rather than coming up with better intellectual arguments and making a civil presentation of them. This person who seemed was intelligent to me, just when to the itchy trigger finger and shot a round of complaints to Facebook. After all how can only one complaint coming into Facebook trigger such a reaction by Facebook towards me? We wouldn’t expect them to over react with a ban of some kind over just one complaint, right? Maybe a warning first? But not the kill shot, for requesting some new friends?
6) Facebook refuses to correct the hair-trigger stance of how they deal with complainers and those who they complain about. It is their opinion to shoot first, and then repeat the proses if needed with a greater wound to your social networking experience. They (Facebook) do not have any intention to investigate any complaint at all. They know that fighting with a computer program is futile. We really do live in a sy-fi kind of world, where computers can deem us an enemy of friendship, free speech, or political correctness. How do we fight that? Feeling like a number rather than a person with feelings right about now. Aren’t you?
Who enters a social networking party room without expecting to also being social with people in that room? Did we not enter that room with our own free will? So we can leave that room then of our own free will, if it isn’t as expected. Who sits on the outer edges of that room wishing to interact but then has to ask permission to do so from Facebook? I’m not in favor of harassment of people and their ability to inter act no matter what their opinions seem to be. But I’m not in favor of some kind of social networking social engineering of society either. No matter who may be behind it! We are no idiots here in the social networking world, except for the habitual complaining ones. It would see this kind of abuse of people for practically doing nothing, is also unacceptable, abusive, insulting, and most of all a promotion of an anti-social life styles limited to those views of the social engineers among us.
Facebook is in the world of electronic censoring, information gathering, and learning of its subjects. (People and their actions, observing why they chose to act like they do). People are the ones being studied, observed, by Facebook. The only questions that remain to be answered are, why? What is the end game and for what purposes?
I have been often been told. Do not talk to strangers as I was growing up. But then everyone is a stranger in life if you don’t also make an attempt to communicate with them.
My only offence here on Facebook is being exactly what Facebook was created for. BEING SOCIAL!!!
I must then presume that Facebook doesn’t like my politics, religious beliefs, or my supporting others in theirs. For just one complaint (If I choose to play Facebook’s game of blame) is a bit too much of a hair-trigger to then ban people in this way. Not allowing a defense of one’s own actions, or to view (in E-mail form) their offences of others, is all on its own offensive! I’m innocent until proven otherwise! Don’t you ever forget that FACEBOOK!
Next, where is the system of protecting me from chronic complainers or other ill willed individuals, and the actions of any perpetrators of crime, or harassments within Facebook’s world against me or others? Who defines the word net alone who the perpetrators of offences really are? Or are you ( FACEBOOK, and your programmer’s) living the life of a hermit’s, who are also computer programmer’s? Hiding behind your mother’s dress, like a scared little kid, who just saw the friend request from under the bed? Presuming the one who cry’s wolf most often is the one worthy of your misguided attentions within the big bad world of social networking?
I would therefore under normal conditions expect an apology from Facebook. But let’s face it; Facebook is nothing but a computer program created by a bunch of faceless people, who never think so much as to investigate their product from flaws within. Like design flaws! Your system always advertises new people to me by saying, and displaying on-screen. “Do you know these people? They then display (some number) of friends in common with you, along with a request button and ignore button. What the hell is this? Do you (FACEBOOK) not understand your own rules? The ones that you also make me agree to before I can be a user in good standings again? That one in particular where I seem to having a problem with you —- WHERE NO ONE IS TO BE FRIENDING ANYONE WHO THEY DON”T KNOW! You may love the power to be able to choose for me, but you, yourself don’t know me! How would you? You’re just a computer program designed to spit out what the little programmers told you to. You know… garbage in — garbage out. On the other hand if I press a button and by doing so request friendship on Facebook I’m “BANED” from the full use of Facebook. Now what is wrong with this picture? Why do I need to subjugate myself to your determination of just who my real life friends are? Why do I need to be tempted to make new friends with people I may or may not know of your choosing, against your rules? Are you the DEVIL?
Last I checked, I didn’t sell my ability to make friends, or give you an accrete list of current friends, that may interact with me. If we can never expand beyond our current friends lists, why would we need Facebook anyway? There are things of somewhat older technologies just like Facebook. We call them “Cell phones”! What’s the point then? It is you’re job in keeping Facebook relevant in the world of social networking where all people start as strangers, capable of deciding for themselves who should be their friends while using social networking? I or all the people on Facebook don’t need your permeation to do that for us!
7) I all most forgot. Number seven, the exponential growth of friends on my page. Facebook is making an attempt at controlling growth or so it seems the growth of like-minded people on my page as well as other pages, who may read like-minded stuff. Over 25% of the people on my list of friends are due to people making requests of me and my excepting of them. Some of which came to becoming a friend with my request of new friends that I may or may not know in my real personal life. All of which seem to have happened in the last 10 days. I personally am grateful, humbled, and have the biggest amount of gratitude for that. I indeed have a great collection of principled people who I gladly will call Facebook friends.
I however will not be controlled! My life or on the acting out within my life other than how I choose to live it, and who I choose to share it with, is for me to decide for myself. When my actions haven’t harmed anyone and my words haven’t supported the harming of anything. My religion beliefs or politics as presented is harmless in comparisons to those religions groups and Politian’s who support — terror, fear, manipulations, and distortions, or flat-out lies! All for the purposes of gaining power over people, myself included. I therefore cannot and will not agree with your baseless BAN!
I will not submit…… I will never, ever submit!!!!!!
I’m personally grateful, humbled, and have the greatest amount of gratitude for all my friends. I fully respect your privacy if you desire it, and have no intentions of ever setting out to hurt anyone who I may disagree with or who disagrees with me.
Thank you all for that great growth of friendships and the ability’s to have found you all on Facebook. You know just who you all are. True friendship will never be denied, compromised away, or left behind willingly by me! Unless I get a personal request to do just that from you.
Facebook you cannot stop what is happening in social networking after you open Pandora’s Box by claiming to have invented it, for the purposes of people being able to stay in contact with each other! For that is the base line and the beginning stage for forming friendships that last.
All the best.
CYA SOON ON FACEBOOK!!